This material is copyrighted. Except for your own private use, you may not copy or reproduce it in any way without express permission from Northwest Resource Associates.
Mental Health Resources
ORPARC helps families find therapists or counselors in their area. We do not provide direct therapy services or recommend specific providers, but contact us and we can compile a list of potential referrals to best match your family’s needs.
- Contact therapists directly to ask about specialty, experience, services and fees to determine the best match for a child/family.
- Check licensing boards to verify a therapist is in good standing:
- Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors & Therapists
- Oregon State Board of Clinical Social Workers
- Read Questions for Adoptive Parents to Ask When Interviewing a Prospective Mental Health Professional.
- Oregon Health Plan (OHP): Medical (Mental Health) and Dental Plans by County
- OHP Client Handbook
- Oregon County Crisis Lines and Mental Health Resources
- A Need to Know: Enhancing Adoption Competence among Mental Health Professionals
NOTE: With the exception of the Youth Villages Intercept program, ORPARC does not refer directly to, nor license, recommend, endorse, guarantee, control or regulate any provider or agency. Please review our Mental Health Referral Policy.